This week, my interest was snagged by a couple of articles I read in my interwebs perusing, so I thought I would post up some links!
- The gift of food during difficult times: “While our powers to soothe heartbreak are limited, we offer what gifts we can.”
- This article discusses the use of the term “clean-eating”. One of my foodie philosophies is that food operates as a system; we don’t consume nutrients, we eat food. And each thing we eat is a piece of a puzzle, forming the bigger picture of our whole diet. The best advice the Australian Dietary Guidelines offer is to consume 'a wide variety of nutritious foods', but the occasional treat is okay, too. Labelling food as “clean” or following a diet of “clean-eating” is adding a moral dimension that can lead to unnecessary guilt and negative feelings. As it says in the article, “There should be no such thing as a guilty pleasure,” says Wilson. “It should just be a pleasure and then you move on. It’s cake but you might eat something different tomorrow.”
- An ABC Health IQ quiz on how to get the best out of your vegetable consumption – again, variety is the spice of life!
- A recipe for the “world’s healthiest burger”, a super-food meal! But you won’t find the ingredients like black raspberry powder or shoney seaweed at your local supermarket!
- And last but not least, an article discussing the benefits of vitamin supplements during pregnancy:
Hope you find the articles interesting and/or helpful! Have you read anything interesting lately? Hope you all have a great week!